Thursday, August 26, 2010

Jonothan Trapper -Plan B

Well The book is about this. Sort of.

There's no time to contemplate this milestone, however; life is intervening, especially for Jack. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and though the bold plan the friends devise to save Jack from himself may not be the best way, once again going with Plan B seems to be the only choice they have.

I found this book to be a highly entertaining read. The story was worth telling and the characters were ones that you cared about and could relate to. And to nobodies surprise none of the characters were with out an obvious glaring fault.

There are many sentences that I found very telling and the stuck with me. I enjoyed reading Trappers sentences, his paragraphs and book as a whole.  The one criticism is that too many loose ends were tied up and in my mind Life does not ever work like that.

The themes of are a bit crazy and complicated and the axiom of that life rarely works according to plan can be the underlying theme.  One has to love the glimpses into the music of the times and I especially liked the use of musical lists to describe a characters mood and personality.

Each character in this novel. goes on this adventure with not so obvious incentive that we see crystallize through out the book. I also tended to like this book as I read it in late summer and love the vivid Autumnal descriptions.

There is a theme in here that resonates in everybodies life that I personally think about all the time and that is Ben's ability to settle into a life he was not all that thrilled about and emerges out the the other side into a life he always wanted. We rarely if ever miss a golden opportunity in life and have a second chance to make it happen. I love the thought of that. Don't we all.

No comments:

Post a Comment